Auditions and Open Casting Calls in Orlando, Florida
Interested in an Open Audition in Orlando?
Join one of the country's most expansive networks of actors with American Immersion Theater. We are searching for talented performers to be at our next casting call in Orlando, Florida! Our open casting calls in the Orlando area will give you the opportunity to work in an exciting acting job with a long list of benefits that set us apart from the rest. Keep reading to find out more important information about this opportunity.
Open Casting Calls in Florida
Sun, July 10, 2022
2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
1714 N Goldenrod Road Suite D3, Orlando, FL 32807
Please note that audition spots fill up fast and spots must be reserved in advance. Once auditions are filled they are not guaranteed to recur every year. No make–up auditions are available.
Central Florida Casting Call: July 10, 2022
How to Prepare:
You will be asked to engage in structured improv scenes using the Archetype Characters featured in our murder mysteries. Please come prepared to show 2 characters from this list:
- Old Rich Socialite
- Highschool Cheerleader
- Captain of the Football team
- Washed Up 80s Rock Star
- Mob Boss
- Femme Fatale
You do not need to prepare a monologue or read a play/script before you attend auditions. Rather, come in with an open mind and an energetic attitude. Be ready to engage in guided scenarios and group interactions using your prepared characters or potentially others from this list.
What to Expect:
- It is recommended to be 15 minutes early for your scheduled audition time slot.
- Audition time slot groups perform for 15–20 minutes with 5 minutes saved for questions.
- Actors are notified within one week via email with the results of their audition. We contact all actors, whether or not they have been cast into the troupe.
What to Bring:
- A current headshot
- An acting resume — all levels of experience are welcome to audition
- Job title: Immersion Actor
- Description: Perform murder mystery immersive parties, acting as a wide selection of characters in a wide variety of semi-structured scripts with some improv elements.
- Location: 1714 N Goldenrod Road Suite D3, Orlando, FL 32807
- Compensation: $75-$150 per show
What age range do you cast?
Do I need to have improv experience?
No experience is required, but it is encouraged.
Do I need to be local to the Central Florida area?
You should be located within a 25 minute drive of downtown Orlando.
Are you seeking union status actors?
No, only non–equity applicants will be considered.
Do you take walk–ins?
Yes, we do allot time for walk–in auditions, however we encourage you to sign up prior to save yourself some times and guarantee your spot.
How does show scheduling work?
Actors submit request for show dates based on their individual availability, with no show minimum required, cast is based on experience and availability.
If I sign up and do not receive a confirmation email should I show up to the time slot I selected on the website?
Yes. Also, check your spam or promotions folders because your confirmation email might be hiding in there!
Do you provide actors with costumes and props in performance?
Yes, however the actor may be required to provide some individual pieces.
What are we looking for?
We are on the search for actors who already have improv skills or are willing to learn them. We put on a wide variety of productions, and roles will rotate depending on availability of actors and experience. Actors perform a mixture of pre-scripted material and spontaneous improvisation.
We do both public and private shows, so an audience could be anywhere from eight people to eight hundred, and can be performed almost anywhere. We travel to do shows frequently, but do reimburse for gas when traveling. Most shows are on weekends, but we do get opportunities during the week. The beauty is that you pick which shows you want to do. As few or as many as you want!
A rehearsal ranging from 2-4 hours is required the week that you are scheduled for a show. With the exception of a single quarterly mandatory rehearsal, no rehearsal is more than 4 hours in length.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and the capacity to be invigorated by constant personal interaction
- A high ability to focus and learn new skills while facilitating game dynamics
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers
- A strong presence and ability to command the room
- Observational savvy and quick thinking
- Reliable transportation
What are the advantages of Acting with AIT?
Actor pay ranges from $65–100 per show (depending upon cast roles). Additionally, you can earn show tips, free meals, and travel reimbursement, which means no out of pocket expenses.
All actors undergo our exclusive Grimprov training method focused on increasing improv performance skills and techniques for immersive theatre acting
Be a part of the over a hundred AIT shows a year in the greater Orlando area, based on your schedule, with no show minimum required.